Excise taxes are paid at the town office.
Documents for Re-registration:
- Old Registration
- Current Insurance Card
- Odometer Mileage
- Payment in the form of CASH or CHECK (Must have current address & phone number)
Documents for New Registration:
- Title or blue copy of Application for Title
- Bill of Sale
- MSRP for new vehicle
- proof of payment of sales tax (signed by registered owner)
- registration for plates transferred
- current insurance card.
- If coming from out of state, two documents proving ownership, to indicate owner’s name and vehicle ID number.
AND, If applicable:
- Lease Agreement
- Parent or legal guardian signature if under 18 years of age
- Other (court documents, power of attorney, death certificate, import papers, etc.)
- Payment must be in the form of cash or check. Checks must have current address and phone number.
License plates are handled at the Blue Hill town office. Vanity plates can be obtained from the state for an annual fee. More information on vanity plates can be found at the state website here.
Register recreational vehicles online here.